No more French held in Algeria gas plan -minister
PARIS Jan 19 (Reuters) - France believes there are no more French nationals being held at the Algerian desert gas plant where Islamist militants took scores hostage, France's defence minister said on Saturday .
Asked in an interview on France 3 TV if he could confirm there were no more French hostages, Defence Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian said: "Yes. As far as we know today it is one Frenchman who was killed, sadly, and French nationals who were freed."
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- U.S. military says air-drops weapons for Kurdish fighters near Kobani
- Hong Kong crisis deepens after weekend clashes, talks set for Tuesday |
- World stocks advance on strong data, earnings