Algerian army clearing mines from gas plant - Sonatrach
ALGIERS Jan 19 (Reuters) - The Algerian army is clearing mines planted by al Qaeda-linked fighters at the desert gas plant they attacked three days ago, the national oil and gas company Sonatrach said on Saturday.
News of the mine clearing operation came shortly after Algerian official media said special forces had lauched a final assult against the militants.
- Malaysian plane may have flown hours after losing contact: WSJ |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ
- Malaysia failing credibility test as flight confusion deepens
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source