Algeria says 32 militants, 23 hostages killed at desert plant
ALGIERS (Reuters) - A total of 23 hostages and 32 militants were killed after an attack on a gas plant in the Algerian desert, the Algerian interior ministry said on Saturday.
Giving what it said was the final death toll of the attack at In Amenas, it also said 107 foreign hostages and 685 Algerian hostages had been released.
(Reporting by Lamine Chakhi)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- UPDATE 4-Hurricane-force winds wreak havoc in Britain, head to Europe
Revered by millions as a beacon of hope against oppression and as an archetype of reconciliation, Nelson Mandela leaves behind a grieving nation. Video