Two more Statoil employees safe in Algeria - CEO
OSLO (Reuters) - Two more employees of Norwegian energy firm Statoil have been "brought to safety" in Algeria, leaving six unaccounted for at a gas facility attacked by gunmen on Wednesday, Chief Executive Helge Lund said on Saturday.
"We can never lose hope ... bringing home our employees is our primary goal," Lund told a news conference. It was not immediately clear how the pair reached safety.
State-controlled Statoil, which is evacuating all non essential personnel from various Algerian facilities, has so far taken 51 employees out of the country. The six employees, whose fate is not yet clear, are all Norwegian nationals.
(Reporting by Balazs Koranyi and Terje Solsvik; Editing by Alison Williams)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Signer says suffered schizophrenic episode at Mandela memorial |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
Time magazine named Pope Francis as its Person of the Year, crediting him with shifting the message of the Catholic Church. Slideshow