Six nationalities among dead militants in Algeria: minister
ALGIERS (Reuters) - Algeria's government said on Sunday the militants killed in the assault on the desert gas plant were from six different nationalities.
The official APS news agency cited Communications Minister Mohamed Said as saying they were from Arab, African and non- African countries, without providing further details. The Interior Ministry said on Saturday 32 militants had been killed.
It cited him as saying the operation to clear the Tiguentourine plant of mines laid by the militants was ongoing.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Lost passenger jet was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data