Embraer, Finmeccanica unit in talks to manufacture helicopters
SAO PAULO Jan 21 (Reuters) - Brazilian planemaker Embraer SA and a unit of Italy's Finmeccanica SpA have signed a memorandum of understanding to create a joint venture that would manufacture helicopters in the South American nation.
"This is an important step for Embraer in a move that will expand our business," Embraer Chief Executive Frederico Fleury Curado said in a statement on Monday.
Details of the potential venture with Finmeccanica's AgustaWestland unit were not disclosed.
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- India trims perks for U.S. staff in row over New York envoy arrest
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia |
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials