Embraer, Finmeccanica unit in talks to manufacture helicopters
SAO PAULO Jan 21 (Reuters) - Brazilian planemaker Embraer SA and a unit of Italy's Finmeccanica SpA have signed a memorandum of understanding to create a joint venture that would manufacture helicopters in the South American nation.
"This is an important step for Embraer in a move that will expand our business," Embraer Chief Executive Frederico Fleury Curado said in a statement on Monday.
Details of the potential venture with Finmeccanica's AgustaWestland unit were not disclosed.
- Gaza fighting abates as diplomatic tension flares |
- Hague court orders Russia to pay over $50 billion in Yukos case
- Europe nervy as Russian assets hit by new sanctions talk
- Ukraine troops advance as experts renew attempt to reach crash site
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine