Embraer, Finmeccanica unit in talks to manufacture helicopters
SAO PAULO Jan 21 (Reuters) - Brazilian planemaker Embraer SA and a unit of Italy's Finmeccanica SpA have signed a memorandum of understanding to create a joint venture that would manufacture helicopters in the South American nation.
"This is an important step for Embraer in a move that will expand our business," Embraer Chief Executive Frederico Fleury Curado said in a statement on Monday.
Details of the potential venture with Finmeccanica's AgustaWestland unit were not disclosed.
- U.S. leaders call for 'war' on Ebola outbreak, pledge troops
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- Russia needs government investment to avoid recession, says former finance minister
- Stocks end higher on bet Fed won't change rate stance
- Ukraine ratifies EU deal, offers special status to rebels