Ericsson to buy part of French tech consultancy Devoteam
STOCKHOLM Jan 21 (Reuters) - Mobile network equipment maker Ericsson is to buy some of the service activities of French technology consultancy company Devoteam.
Under the agreement, Ericsson is to acquire Devoteam Telecom & Media operations in France and 400 France-based IT professionals will join Ericsson, the Swedish group said in a statement.
"The acquisition is in line with Ericsson's services strategy to broaden its IT capabilities," it added. It gave no financial details of the deal.It said Devoteam altogether had 5,000 employees in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. (Reporting by Patrick Lannin)
- More troops deployed in Ferguson to guard against fresh riots |
- Merkel hits diplomatic dead-end with Putin
- Jewish-nation bill frays Israel's delicate social fabric
- Ukraine reports new arrivals of Russian supplies for eastern rebels |
- Gunshots echo as violence returns to Ferguson, protests across U.S.
We are living longer but not creating financial plans to keep pace. Advisers give tips on how to make sure you don’t outlive your money. Video