Eritrean troops surround Ministry of Information in Asmara
ADDIS ABABA Jan 21 (Reuters) - About 200 Eritrean soldiers with two tanks have surrounded the Ministry of Information in the capital Asmara, regional diplomatic sources said on Monday.
State television and radio went off air after the troops moved in and they were still not broadcasting on Monday afternoon, the sources told Reuters. (Reporting by Aaron Maasho; Writing by Duncan Miriri; Editing by Kevin Liffey)
- Gunman killed, three students shot in Florida university library |
- Naked outdoor protest over SeaWorld float in NY's Thanksgiving parade
- Pope to raffle gifts given to him to raise money for the poor
- Banking culture breeds dishonesty, scientific study finds
- Exclusive: U.S. to allow people from nations hit by Ebola to stay temporarily