India's HDFC Q3 net up 16 pct, misses forecast
MUMBAI Jan 21 (Reuters) - Housing Development Finance Corp (HDFC), India's biggest mortgage lender, reported a 16 percent rise in net profit for the Oct-Dec quarter on Monday, missing market estimates.
Standalone net profit for the fiscal third quarter was 11.4 billion rupees ($211.84 million) compared with 9.81 billion rupees a year ago. Total income rose 17 percent to 52.42 billion rupees over the same period.
Analysts expected HDFC to post a net profit of 11.96 billion rupees, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S. ($1 = 53.8150 Indian rupees) (Reporting by Aditi Shah; Editing by Prateek Chatterjee)
- U.S. forces carry out operation against al-Shabaab in Somalia
- Fast-food workers to launch intensified protests across U.S.
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Fiji says Syrian rebels want compensation, removal from terror list