CANADA STOCKS-TSX opens higher, led by RIM jump
TORONTO, Jan 21 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened higher on Monday, led by a 7 percent jump in Research In Motion Ltd shares on investor optimism ahead of the launch of its highly anticipated BlackBerry 10 devices. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 18.17 points, or 0.14 percent, at 12,743.86 shortly after the open.
- Washington wins diplomatic support for campaign in Iraq; Syria trickier |
- Apple iPhone 6 pre-orders hit record 4 million on first day |
- Western sanctions are testing Russia's strength: Medvedev |
- Alibaba worried about Facebook IPO as considered Nasdaq versus NYSE |
- Exclusive: Two Apple medical trials shed light on how HealthKit will work