CANADA STOCKS-TSX opens higher, led by RIM jump
TORONTO, Jan 21 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened higher on Monday, led by a 7 percent jump in Research In Motion Ltd shares on investor optimism ahead of the launch of its highly anticipated BlackBerry 10 devices. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 18.17 points, or 0.14 percent, at 12,743.86 shortly after the open.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |