CORRECTED-CANADA STOCKS-TSX hits near 18-month high as RIM leads
(Corrects headline and first sentence to say index touched an almost 18-month high, not an 11-month high) TORONTO, Jan 21 (Reuters) - Toronto's main stock index finished stronger on Monday, led by Research In Motion and financial shares, and touched a 18-month high during the session. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 68.56 points, or 0.54 percent, at 12,794.25. All 10 of its main sectors were higher. (Reporting by Solarina Ho; Editing by Peter Galloway)
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections