Nikkei edges down with BOJ move priced in
TOKYO, Jan 21 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average edged down at Monday's open as the Bank of Japan began a two-day policy meeting, after expectations the central bank will take aggressive measures against deflation helped to push the benchmark last week to a 32-month high. The Nikkei edged down 0.3 percent to 10,877.66 while the broader Topix lost 0.3 percent to 908.94.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South