CORRECTED-NBK's net profit at $1.1 bln in 2012
(Corrects dollar conversion to bln not mln)
DUBAI Jan 21 (Reuters) - National Bank of Kuwait, the Gulf state's largest lender, posted a slight rise in its 2012 net profit, according to a bourse statement by the Kuwaiti lender on Monday.
Net profit for 2012 stood at 305.12 million dinars ($1.08 billion), compared with 302.4 dinars a year ago, NBK said. The bank recommended the distribution of 30 percent cash dividends and five percent bonus shares for 2012. ($1 = 0.2814 Kuwaiti dinars) (Reporting by Rania El Gamal; Ediitng by Dinesh Nair)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'