Spain's Popular agrees sale of debt recovery business
MADRID Jan 21 (Reuters) - Spanish bank Popular said on Monday it had agreed to sell a debt recovery business in Spain to the EOS Group, a supplier of the bank owned by financial services group Otto.
The business was valued at 135 million euros ($179.44 million) and would generate a one-off earning of 133 million euros for the bank, Popular said in a statement. ($1 = 0.7524 euros) (Reporting By Sarah Morris; editing by Paul Day)
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Kurds seize Iraq/Syria border post; Sunni tribe joins fight against Islamic State |
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq
- EBay follows Icahn's advice, plans PayPal spinoff in 2015 |