BASF clears hurdle to bag Norway's Pronova
FRANKFURT Jan 21 (Reuters) - BASF won over enough Pronova shareholders with its sweetened takeover offer to secure full control of the Norwegian fish-oils maker.
The German chemicals giant said on Monday it was tendered 97.7 percent of Pronova shares by the Friday deadline, more than the 90 percent it needed.
BASF is now setting up a squeeze-out process and expects to conclude the transaction within the next weeks, it added. (Reporting by Ludwig Burger)
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |