BASF clears hurdle to bag Norway's Pronova
FRANKFURT Jan 21 (Reuters) - BASF won over enough Pronova shareholders with its sweetened takeover offer to secure full control of the Norwegian fish-oils maker.
The German chemicals giant said on Monday it was tendered 97.7 percent of Pronova shares by the Friday deadline, more than the 90 percent it needed.
BASF is now setting up a squeeze-out process and expects to conclude the transaction within the next weeks, it added. (Reporting by Ludwig Burger)
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food