- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida |
- Toyota plans to increase lithium-ion car battery output-Nikkei
REUTERS MAGAZINE-Clown legislators tips for fixing Brazil's Congress
Jan 21 (Reuters) - Francisco Everardo Oliveira Silva - better known by his clown name Tiririca (Grumpy) - broke the rules and won election to Brazil's House of Deputies in 2010 with the most votes of any candidate in the country's lower house.
Here are some of his tips for fixing Brazil's Congress:
1. Get rid of political parties. "Why should I believe the same thing as somebody else just because they're from my party? We're supposed to think for ourselves, aren't we?"
2. Fewer speeches, shorter speeches. "Man, nobody listens to these guys speak anyway. Let's all talk to each other like people."
3. Term-limits. "Some of these guys have been here too long. They've stolen too much, and everybody knows who they are. Time to go home, guys!"
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this