Richemont gives cautious Asia outlook as sales stall
ZURICH Jan 21 (Reuters) - Luxury goods group Richemont , maker of Cartier jewellery, gave a cautious outlook on Monday after slowing wholesale demand for its pricey products pushed third-quarter sales growth below forecasts.
Sales rose 5 percent at constant exchange rates between October and December to 2.862 billion euros, missing forecasts for a 7.6 percent rise in a Reuters poll as the previously booming Asia-Pacific region reported no growth.
"At this stage, it is unclear how business patterns may develop and how the business in the Asia Pacific region will evolve in the near future," Richemont said in a statement. (Reporting by Emma Thomasson)
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Nigeria declared Ebola-free, holds lessons for others |
- U.S. stocks end higher despite drag from IBM