S.Africa regulator to rule on Glencore-Xstrata on Tuesday
JOHANNESBURG Jan 21 (Reuters) - South Africa's Competition Tribunal said on Monday it would issue its decision on the proposed takeover of global miner Xstrata by commodities trader Glencore on Tuesday.
Glencore is still awaiting the green light for the $33 billion deal from antitrust authorities in South Africa and China, having already received a conditional approval from European regulators.
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Former WWE champ nabs suspected burglar in Arizona
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds
- China's Guangdong province removes over 850 'naked officials' from their posts
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |