S.Africa regulator to rule on Glencore-Xstrata on Tuesday
JOHANNESBURG Jan 21 (Reuters) - South Africa's Competition Tribunal said on Monday it would issue its decision on the proposed takeover of global miner Xstrata by commodities trader Glencore on Tuesday.
Glencore is still awaiting the green light for the $33 billion deal from antitrust authorities in South Africa and China, having already received a conditional approval from European regulators.
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings collapse in explosion, two dead
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia