Thailand's 2013 auto sales may fall 16 pct -Toyota
BANGKOK Jan 21 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp's Thai unit said on Monday it expected Thai automotive industry sales to drop 16 percent to 1.2 million vehicles in 2013 after an 80 percent surge in 2012 that was fuelled by a government subsidy for buyers of first cars.
Industry sales in 2012 totalled 1.43 million vehicles, President Kyoichi Tanada told a news conference.
(Reporting by Pisit Changplayngam and Pairat Temphairojana; Writing by Orathai Sriring; Editing by Alan Raybould)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, nationalist leader resigns |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Alibaba surges on massive demand in trading debut |
- Special Report: Scotland stays in UK, but Britain faces change