Gunmen seize Panama-flagged tanker in Ivory Coast
ABIDJAN (Reuters) - Gunman seized a Panama-flagged tanker as it prepared to unload fuel at Ivory Coast's port of Abidjan, port officials said in a statement on Monday.
Port agents said the ship was hijacked shortly after midnight on Thursday. It is currently located off the coast of neighboring Ghana.
"Several minutes later, (the ship's owner) informed the captaincy that its ship was under the control of armed individuals who had boarded," read the statement.
(Reporting By Joe Bavier; Editing by Richard Valdmanis)
- Comedian Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably' at hospital |
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- Separatists say will allow 'trapped' Ukrainian forces to withdraw |
- Obama says does not yet have broad strategy for Islamic State