Gunmen seize Panama-flagged tanker in Ivory Coast
ABIDJAN (Reuters) - Gunman seized a Panama-flagged tanker as it prepared to unload fuel at Ivory Coast's port of Abidjan, port officials said in a statement on Monday.
Port agents said the ship was hijacked shortly after midnight on Thursday. It is currently located off the coast of neighboring Ghana.
"Several minutes later, (the ship's owner) informed the captaincy that its ship was under the control of armed individuals who had boarded," read the statement.
(Reporting By Joe Bavier; Editing by Richard Valdmanis)
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials