Gunmen seize Panama-flagged tanker in Ivory Coast
ABIDJAN (Reuters) - Gunman seized a Panama-flagged tanker as it prepared to unload fuel at Ivory Coast's port of Abidjan, port officials said in a statement on Monday.
Port agents said the ship was hijacked shortly after midnight on Thursday. It is currently located off the coast of neighboring Ghana.
"Several minutes later, (the ship's owner) informed the captaincy that its ship was under the control of armed individuals who had boarded," read the statement.
(Reporting By Joe Bavier; Editing by Richard Valdmanis)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Alibaba surges 38 percent on massive demand in market debut |
- Special Report: Scotland stays in UK, but Britain faces change