Gunmen seize Panama-flagged tanker in Ivory Coast
ABIDJAN (Reuters) - Gunman seized a Panama-flagged tanker as it prepared to unload fuel at Ivory Coast's port of Abidjan, port officials said in a statement on Monday.
Port agents said the ship was hijacked shortly after midnight on Thursday. It is currently located off the coast of neighboring Ghana.
"Several minutes later, (the ship's owner) informed the captaincy that its ship was under the control of armed individuals who had boarded," read the statement.
(Reporting By Joe Bavier; Editing by Richard Valdmanis)
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Gaza toll soars as Israel 'days' from completing tunnel hunt
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- Argentina braces for market reaction to second default in 12 years