Gunmen seize Panama-flagged tanker in Ivory Coast
ABIDJAN (Reuters) - Gunman seized a Panama-flagged tanker as it prepared to unload fuel at Ivory Coast's port of Abidjan, port officials said in a statement on Monday.
Port agents said the ship was hijacked shortly after midnight on Thursday. It is currently located off the coast of neighboring Ghana.
"Several minutes later, (the ship's owner) informed the captaincy that its ship was under the control of armed individuals who had boarded," read the statement.
(Reporting By Joe Bavier; Editing by Richard Valdmanis)
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Zimmer to buy Biomet for $13.35 billion in latest consolidation
- Global share indexes, dollar, trim gains on Ukraine tension