- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Massachusetts police search NFL player's home in homicide probe: report
- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
- Asian markets tense before Fed; Nikkei outperforms
Canadian coordinated Algerian plant attack: Algerian PM
ALGIERS (Reuters) - A Canadian coordinated the Islamist attack on an Algerian gas plant in the Sahara desert, Algerian Prime Minister Abdelmalek Sellal said on Monday.
"A Canadian was among the militants. He was coordinating the attack," Sellal told a news conference.
Earlier an Algerian security source told Reuters that documents found on the bodies of two militants had identified them as Canadians, as special forces scoured the plant following Saturday's bloody end to the crisis.
(Reporting by Lamine Chikhi; editing by David Stamp)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this