Obama takes oath of office for second term
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama took the oath of office for a second term in a ceremony at the U.S. Capitol on Monday.
Obama was formally sworn in at the White House on Sunday but he repeated the oath again - led by Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts - at his largely symbolic public inauguration on Monday.
- More troops deployed in Ferguson to guard against fresh riots |
- Merkel hits diplomatic dead-end with Putin
- Jewish-nation bill frays Israel's delicate social fabric
- Ukraine reports new arrivals of Russian supplies for eastern rebels |
- Gunshots echo as violence returns to Ferguson, protests across U.S.