US House Republicans seek vote on debt limit extension to May 19
WASHINGTON Jan 21 (Reuters) - Republican leaders in the U.S. House of Representatives have scheduled a vote on Wednesday on a nearly four-month extension of U.S. borrowing capacity, but the bill does not specify a dollar amount.
Legislative language released by the House Rules Committee on Monday said the bill aims "to ensure complete and timely payment of the obligations of the United States Government until May, 19, 2013."
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections
- Ukrainian protesters topple Lenin statue in challenge to Yanukovich
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |