Days of weak Canadian dollar are over -Canada industry minister
* Industry needs to innovate, not rely on cheap Canadian dollar
* Minister touring Germany to learn about innovation
OTTAWA Jan 22 (Reuters) - Canadian businesses need to innovate and boost productivity and not hope for a return to a weak Canadian dollar, Industry Minister Christian Paradis told Reuters on Tuesday.
"The days where people were hoping to have a Canadian dollar with a low currency rate - I think this is over. We have definitely to tackle the issue of innovation and productivity," Paradis said by phone.
He is touring Germany to promote Canada as a place to invest and to learn how German industry innovates.
- U.S. military strike in Somalia targeted al Shabaab leader
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Florida-bound Delta flight diverted over reclining seat dispute