Days of weak Canadian dollar are over -Canada industry minister
* Industry needs to innovate, not rely on cheap Canadian dollar
* Minister touring Germany to learn about innovation
OTTAWA Jan 22 (Reuters) - Canadian businesses need to innovate and boost productivity and not hope for a return to a weak Canadian dollar, Industry Minister Christian Paradis told Reuters on Tuesday.
"The days where people were hoping to have a Canadian dollar with a low currency rate - I think this is over. We have definitely to tackle the issue of innovation and productivity," Paradis said by phone.
He is touring Germany to promote Canada as a place to invest and to learn how German industry innovates.
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |