CN Railway posts higher fourth-quarter profit
TORONTO Jan 22 (Reuters) - Canadian National Railway , the country's biggest rail carrier, reported higher fourth-quarter profit on Tuesday, lifted by a gain in freight volumes.
Net profit for the quarter to Dec 31 rose to C$610 million ($613.77 million), or C$1.41 a share, compared with C$592 million, or C$1.32, a year earlier.
The Montreal-based company said revenue was 7 percent higher at C$2.5 billion.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study