CN Railway posts higher fourth-quarter profit
TORONTO Jan 22 (Reuters) - Canadian National Railway , the country's biggest rail carrier, reported higher fourth-quarter profit on Tuesday, lifted by a gain in freight volumes.
Net profit for the quarter to Dec 31 rose to C$610 million ($613.77 million), or C$1.41 a share, compared with C$592 million, or C$1.32, a year earlier.
The Montreal-based company said revenue was 7 percent higher at C$2.5 billion.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors