CN Railway posts higher fourth-quarter profit
TORONTO Jan 22 (Reuters) - Canadian National Railway , the country's biggest rail carrier, reported higher fourth-quarter profit on Tuesday, lifted by a gain in freight volumes.
Net profit for the quarter to Dec 31 rose to C$610 million ($613.77 million), or C$1.41 a share, compared with C$592 million, or C$1.32, a year earlier.
The Montreal-based company said revenue was 7 percent higher at C$2.5 billion.
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |