CN Railway posts higher fourth-quarter profit
TORONTO Jan 22 (Reuters) - Canadian National Railway , the country's biggest rail carrier, reported higher fourth-quarter profit on Tuesday, lifted by a gain in freight volumes.
Net profit for the quarter to Dec 31 rose to C$610 million ($613.77 million), or C$1.41 a share, compared with C$592 million, or C$1.32, a year earlier.
The Montreal-based company said revenue was 7 percent higher at C$2.5 billion.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones |
- NYC police say hatchet attack by Islam convert was terrorism |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |