Freeport shareholders won't get vote on energy buys - CEO
Jan 22 (Reuters) - Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc will not give its shareholders a vote on its planned acquisitions of two oil and natural gas companies, Chief Executive Richard Adkerson said on Tuesday.
Freeport has offered to buy Plains Exploration & Production Co and McMoRan Exploration Co for $9 billion, in a deal expected to close in the second quarter of 2013.
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Hong Kong protests approach potential National Day flashpoint |
- Kurds seize Iraq/Syria border post; Sunni tribe joins fight against Islamic State |
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |