Freeport shareholders won't get vote on energy buys - CEO
Jan 22 (Reuters) - Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc will not give its shareholders a vote on its planned acquisitions of two oil and natural gas companies, Chief Executive Richard Adkerson said on Tuesday.
Freeport has offered to buy Plains Exploration & Production Co and McMoRan Exploration Co for $9 billion, in a deal expected to close in the second quarter of 2013.
- U.S. nurse defies Maine's Ebola quarantine, takes bike ride |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- Apple's Cook: 'I'm proud to be gay'
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Ukraine, Russia, EU likely to agree gas supply deal on Thursday: officials