Freeport shareholders won't get vote on energy buys - CEO
Jan 22 (Reuters) - Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc will not give its shareholders a vote on its planned acquisitions of two oil and natural gas companies, Chief Executive Richard Adkerson said on Tuesday.
Freeport has offered to buy Plains Exploration & Production Co and McMoRan Exploration Co for $9 billion, in a deal expected to close in the second quarter of 2013.
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- U.S. military failed in rescue attempt for journalist Foley |
- Indian firms tool up for defense orders on Modi's 'buy India' pledge
- Thai junta leader appointed PM by hand-picked parliament
- Hamas says three top Gaza commanders killed in Israeli air strike |