Hindustan Unilever Q3 profit up 16 pct, shares fall 5 pct
MUMBAI Jan 22 (Reuters) - Hindustan Unilever Ltd, the Indian unit of Anglo-Dutch firm Unilever Plc , posted a 16 percent jump in third-quarter net profit, but low volume growth and a rise in royalty payments knocked its shares down as much as 5 percent.
India's largest household and consumer goods maker posted net profit of 8.7 billion rupees ($161.7 million) for the quarter ended Dec. 31, up from 7.5 billion rupees a year earlier. Analysts had expected net profit of 8.8 billion rupees, according to Thomson Reuters Starmine Estimates.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls