TEXT-S&P: Dell ratings unchanged despite LBO rumors
Jan 22 - Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said today its ratings on Dell Inc. (A-/Stable/A-1) remain unchanged, despite persistent rumors (which have not been confirmed by the company) that Dell is in discussions to be taken private through a leveraged buyout (LBO). Challenges in its PC business have resulted in a depressed stock price in recent periods. However, previous LBO rumors had circulated without any resulting transaction. We will continue to actively monitor any developments. If an LBO of Dell were to occur, it would have significant, negative credit implications despite the company's satisfactory business risk profile.
- Israel knocks out Gaza power plant, digs in for long fight |
- Special Report: Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine
- EU agrees first broad sanctions on Russia; Ukraine fighting kills dozens