Inmet asks shareholders to reject First Quantum's C$5.1 bln offer
Jan 22 (Reuters) - Inmet Mining Corp asked its shareholders to reject Canadian base-metal miner First Quantum Minerals Ltd's C$5.1 billion hostile offer, terming the bid inadequate.
First Quantum is offering C$72 for each share of its smaller rival.
Inmet said it was evaluating a range of strategic alternatives and has approached a number of third parties who have expressed an interest in considering alternative transactions involving Inmet or its assets.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |