Inmet asks shareholders to reject First Quantum's C$5.1 bln offer
Jan 22 (Reuters) - Inmet Mining Corp asked its shareholders to reject Canadian base-metal miner First Quantum Minerals Ltd's C$5.1 billion hostile offer, terming the bid inadequate.
First Quantum is offering C$72 for each share of its smaller rival.
Inmet said it was evaluating a range of strategic alternatives and has approached a number of third parties who have expressed an interest in considering alternative transactions involving Inmet or its assets.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama
- Lawyers call for outside probe of 'bungled' Arizona execution |