Inmet asks shareholders to reject First Quantum's C$5.1 bln offer
Jan 22 (Reuters) - Inmet Mining Corp asked its shareholders to reject Canadian base-metal miner First Quantum Minerals Ltd's C$5.1 billion hostile offer, terming the bid inadequate.
First Quantum is offering C$72 for each share of its smaller rival.
Inmet said it was evaluating a range of strategic alternatives and has approached a number of third parties who have expressed an interest in considering alternative transactions involving Inmet or its assets.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Former 'American Idol' contestant Joanne Borgella dies at 32
- IBM to pay Globalfoundries $1.5 bln to take chip unit off its hands -WSJ