Intuitive Surgical 4th quarter profit rises
* 4th quarter EPS $4.25 vs Street view $4.04
* Revenue rose 23 percent to $609 million
Jan 22 (Reuters) - Intuitive Surgical Inc reported higher-than-expected fourth-quarter profit on Tuesday on increased sales of its da Vinci surgical robots and a rise in procedures using the pricy machines.
The company reported a net profit of $175 million, or $4.25 per share, compared with a profit of $151 million, or $3.75 per share, a year ago. Analysts on average expected $4.04 per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Revenue rose 23 percent to $609 million, exceeding Wall Street forecasts of $584.4 million, driven by the sale of 175 da Vinci systems in the quarter at a price of about $1.5 million each and procedure growth of 25 percent.
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- iPhone comes out of a 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote |
- Wildfire rips through 150 homes in Northern California
- Fed could hint on rate-hike plans as it prepares for policy turn