North Korea threatens nuclear escalation after UN sanctions
SEOUL Jan 23 (Reuters) - North Korea threatened to step up its military push including its nuclear weapons programme after the United Nations Security Council, including its ally China, condemned its December rocket launch.
"We will take measures to boost and strengthen our defensive military power including nuclear deterrence," its Foreign Ministry said in a statement carried by state news agency KCNA.
(Reporting by Jumin Park; Editing by David Chance)
- Malaysia jet sent 'pings' after going missing, sources say |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |