North Korea threatens nuclear escalation after UN sanctions
SEOUL Jan 23 (Reuters) - North Korea threatened to step up its military push including its nuclear weapons programme after the United Nations Security Council, including its ally China, condemned its December rocket launch.
"We will take measures to boost and strengthen our defensive military power including nuclear deterrence," its Foreign Ministry said in a statement carried by state news agency KCNA.
(Reporting by Jumin Park; Editing by David Chance)
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |
- Four beheaded corpses found in Egypt's Sinai: security sources
- Father of Texas 'affluenza' teen arrested for impersonating police officer
- Islamic State opens new anti-U.S. front with beheading video