UPDATE 1-Kuwait Dec inflation rises to 2.9 pct -KUNA
Jan 22 (Reuters) - Kuwait's state news agency KUNA reported the following December consumer price data on Tuesday, citing figures from the country's statistics office: KUWAIT CONSUMER INFLATION 12/12 11/12 12/11 pct change month/month 0.7 0.3 0.5 pct change year/year 2.9 2.3 3.1 NOTE. Food prices, which make up 18 percent of the basket, rose 5.6 percent year-on-year but fell 0.7 percent month-on-month in December. Analysts polled by Reuters in September expected average inflation of 3.9 percent in 2012, down from 4.8 percent in 2011.
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Stocks head for worst quarter since euro crisis, dollar soars
- U.S. strikes help Iraq Kurds, army advances against Islamic State |
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq