CANADA STOCKS-TSX closes near 18-month high; gold stocks rally
TORONTO, Jan 22 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index ended higher on Tuesday, hitting a near 18-month high, led by the materials sector, which tracked a rise in commodity prices. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 30.38 points, or 0.24 percent, at 12,824.63. Five of the 10 main sectors on the index were higher.
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Australia foreign minister downplays China air defense zone tension in visit