CANADA STOCKS-TSX closes near 18-month high; gold stocks rally
TORONTO, Jan 22 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index ended higher on Tuesday, hitting a near 18-month high, led by the materials sector, which tracked a rise in commodity prices. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 30.38 points, or 0.24 percent, at 12,824.63. Five of the 10 main sectors on the index were higher.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |