CANADA STOCKS-TSX turns positive as miners reverse course
TORONTO Jan 22 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index turned positive in afternoon trade on Tuesday as the heavyweight mining sector, and in particular gold miners, reversed earlier losses.
At 12:30 p.m. (1730 GMT) the Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 3.07 points, or 0.02 percent, at 12,797.32. The index hit a near 18-month high on Monday.
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon |
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- National Guard start pullout as protests in Ferguson turn calmer |
- Class action against Facebook attracts 60,000 users