CANADA STOCKS-TSX turns positive as miners reverse course
TORONTO Jan 22 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index turned positive in afternoon trade on Tuesday as the heavyweight mining sector, and in particular gold miners, reversed earlier losses.
At 12:30 p.m. (1730 GMT) the Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 3.07 points, or 0.02 percent, at 12,797.32. The index hit a near 18-month high on Monday.
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Malaysia probes passenger backgrounds for clues on missing flight |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- N.Korea using sophisticated means to avoid U.N. sanctions - U.N. report
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets