TREASURIES-Price losses pared after Dec existing home sales data
NEW YORK Jan 22 (Reuters) - U.S. Treasuries pared price losses on Tuesday after data showing an unexpected fall in existing home sales in December renewed some fears over the pace of recovery in the U.S. housing market.
Benchmark 10-year Treasury notes were trading 6/32 lower in price to yield 1.86 percent, up from 1.84 percent late Friday. The notes had been trading 9/32 lower prior to the release of the home sales data.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |