TREASURIES-Price losses pared after Dec existing home sales data
NEW YORK Jan 22 (Reuters) - U.S. Treasuries pared price losses on Tuesday after data showing an unexpected fall in existing home sales in December renewed some fears over the pace of recovery in the U.S. housing market.
Benchmark 10-year Treasury notes were trading 6/32 lower in price to yield 1.86 percent, up from 1.84 percent late Friday. The notes had been trading 9/32 lower prior to the release of the home sales data.
- Pressure for ceasefire grows in week-old Gaza war |
- Ukraine says Russian army officers fighting with rebels
- German database study hints diabetes drug cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Special Report: How Italy became a submerging economy
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources