Microsoft in talks to invest up to $3 bln in Dell buyout -CNBC
SAN FRANCISCO Jan 22 (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp is in discussions to invest between $1 billion and $3 billion in a buyout of Dell Inc, CNBC cited unidentified sources as saying on Tuesday.
The world's largest software company will provide the capital in the form of mezzanine financing, the business TV outlet reported, a hybrid of debt and equity.
Shares in Dell gained almost 2 percent to $13.08 in late morning trade.
- U.S., Arab partners launch first strikes in Syria
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Ebola could strike 20,000 in six weeks, "rumble on for years" - study
- Louisiana judge rules state's gay marriage ban unconstitutional