- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida |
- Toyota plans to increase lithium-ion car battery output-Nikkei
Norfolk Southern profit beats estimates
Jan 22 (Reuters) - Norfolk Southern Corp, the third-largest U.S. public railroad company, reported a better-than-expected quarterly profit, helped by higher intermodel and merchandise revenue.
The Norfolk, Virginia-based company reported net income of $413 million, or $1.30 per share, for the quarter ended Dec. 31, compared with $480 million, or $1.42 per share, a year earlier.
Analysts on average were expecting earnings of $1.19 per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this