Novartis wins EU backing for first meningitis B vaccine
ZURICH Jan 22 (Reuters) - Novartis (NOVN.VX) clinched European approval for the first vaccine against meningitis B, and will seek to sell the drug as soon as possible.
"Novartis is working with health authorities to provide access to Bexsero as soon as possible," the Swiss drugmaker said in a statement on Tuesday.
There is currently no approved vaccine offering broad protection against "MenB," this particular type of meningitis. (Reporting By Katharina Bart)
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Libyan parliament sacks PM after tanker escapes rebel-held port