Novartis wins EU backing for first meningitis B vaccine
ZURICH Jan 22 (Reuters) - Novartis (NOVN.VX) clinched European approval for the first vaccine against meningitis B, and will seek to sell the drug as soon as possible.
"Novartis is working with health authorities to provide access to Bexsero as soon as possible," the Swiss drugmaker said in a statement on Tuesday.
There is currently no approved vaccine offering broad protection against "MenB," this particular type of meningitis. (Reporting By Katharina Bart)
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message