Renault pledges extra production for labour deal
PARIS Jan 22 (Reuters) - French carmaker Renault told unions on Tuesday that it could produce an additional 80,000 vehicles a year at its domestic factories for partners Nissan and Daimler if a labour deal was signed.
The company added in a draft statement that it had proposed a pay freeze for staff this year, followed by a 0.5 percent increase next year and a 0.75 percent rise in 2015. (Reporting by Gilles Guillaume; Editing by Christian Plumb)
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- F-16s dispatched for unresponsive pilot of small plane near D.C.
- EU wields Russia sanctions threat but timing vague |
- Trapped peacekeepers at Golan Heights moved to secure area: Philippine military chief
- Polish president warns Germany of Putin's 'empire' ambitions