Travelers profit falls on impact from superstorm Sandy
Jan 22 (Reuters) - Property insurer Travelers Cos Inc posted a lower quarterly profit, hurt by losses from superstorm Sandy.
The company's net profit fell to $304 million, or 78 cents per share, in the fourth quarter from $618 million, or $1.51 per share, a year earlier.
On an operating basis, Travelers earned 72 cents per share.
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles
- Samsung unveils smartwatch that can make calls
- Russian-backed separatists enter southeast Ukraine town
- FBI, Secret Service investigate reports of cyber attacks on U.S. banks
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |