Travelers profit falls on impact from superstorm Sandy
Jan 22 (Reuters) - Property insurer Travelers Cos Inc posted a lower quarterly profit, hurt by losses from superstorm Sandy.
The company's net profit fell to $304 million, or 78 cents per share, in the fourth quarter from $618 million, or $1.51 per share, a year earlier.
On an operating basis, Travelers earned 72 cents per share.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data