Travelers profit falls on impact from superstorm Sandy
Jan 22 (Reuters) - Property insurer Travelers Cos Inc posted a lower quarterly profit, hurt by losses from superstorm Sandy.
The company's net profit fell to $304 million, or 78 cents per share, in the fourth quarter from $618 million, or $1.51 per share, a year earlier.
On an operating basis, Travelers earned 72 cents per share.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Nigeria declared Ebola-free, holds lessons for others |
- U.S. stocks end higher despite drag from IBM