Travelers profit falls on impact from superstorm Sandy
Jan 22 (Reuters) - Property insurer Travelers Cos Inc posted a lower quarterly profit, hurt by losses from superstorm Sandy.
The company's net profit fell to $304 million, or 78 cents per share, in the fourth quarter from $618 million, or $1.51 per share, a year earlier.
On an operating basis, Travelers earned 72 cents per share.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans