Travelers profit falls on impact from superstorm Sandy
Jan 22 (Reuters) - Property insurer Travelers Cos Inc posted a lower quarterly profit, hurt by losses from superstorm Sandy.
The company's net profit fell to $304 million, or 78 cents per share, in the fourth quarter from $618 million, or $1.51 per share, a year earlier.
On an operating basis, Travelers earned 72 cents per share.
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Malaysia probes passenger backgrounds for clues on missing flight |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- N.Korea using sophisticated means to avoid U.N. sanctions - U.N. report
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets