Instant View: Google puts up better than expected quarterly numbers
(Reuters) - Google Inc posted better-than-expected quarterly results from its core Internet business, bolstered by the introduction of new product listings during the important holiday shopping season.
COLIN GILLIS, ANALYST, BGC FINANCIAL
"Click prices are still declining, but it's better than expected.
"The core business is a great business and the fourth-quarter is always a time for Google to shine. However, Motorola is still losing money and click rates still declined. They only declined 6 percent, but go back four or five quarters and click prices were improving. So mobile is still pressuring click prices."
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles
- FBI, Secret Service investigate reports of cyber attacks on U.S. banks
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- U.S. National Security Council aware of reports that second American killed in Syria