Japan Finance Minister Aso says hopes BOJ sets 2 percent inflation target
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japanese Finance Minister Taro Aso said on Tuesday that he hopes the central bank sets a 2 percent inflation target, double its current price goal.
In a news conference after a cabinet meeting, Aso also said the government wants to issue a joint statement with the Bank of Japan on strengthening ties, and issue it on Tuesday.
The Bank of Japan is due to complete a policy-setting meeting on Tuesday.
(Reporting by Yuko Yoshikawa; Writing by Leika Kihara; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- Obama critic D'Souza spared prison for violating election law
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- Fired UPS worker kills two supervisors, self, in Alabama shooting
- Israel downs Syrian warplane it says violated its Golan airspace
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York