Texas college cleared and declared safe after shooting
HOUSTON (Reuters) - Lone Star College near Houston was cleared and declared safe on Tuesday after a shooting between two people left some people injured, acting Harris County Sheriff Armando Tello said.
Both of the people involved in the altercation at the community college were in custody, he said.
The college was evacuated earlier on Tuesday after the shooting, the latest in a string of school shootings since a gunman massacred 20 school children in Connecticut just over a month ago.
(Reporting By Greg McCune)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky free after pardon, heads for Germany |