Abbott 2013 earnings forecast tops Street view
Jan 23 (Reuters) - Abbott Laboratories Inc, which spun off its branded prescription drugs earlier this month, on Wednesday forecast 2013 earnings above Wall Street expectations.
The company said it expects earnings for the full year, excluding special items, of $1.98 to $2.04 per share. Analysts, on average, have forecast $1.95, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Abbott issued the forecast as it reported fourth-quarter results.
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- IMF's Lagarde put under investigation in French fraud case |