Jana takes case for Agrium breakup to Canadian shareholders
Jan 23 (Reuters) - Activist shareholder Jana Partners LLC said on Wednesday it is taking its case for splitting up Agrium Inc to the fertilizer company's Canadian investors.
Jana, a New York-based hedge fund, wants Agrium to split its farm retail division from its wholesale operations and make other changes to improve returns to shareholders.
Jana has proposed five candidates for Agrium's board, and they will meet with investors in several Canadian cities.
- Qatar will not host World Cup: FIFA official
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear: police
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold