Jana takes case for Agrium breakup to Canadian shareholders
Jan 23 (Reuters) - Activist shareholder Jana Partners LLC said on Wednesday it is taking its case for splitting up Agrium Inc to the fertilizer company's Canadian investors.
Jana, a New York-based hedge fund, wants Agrium to split its farm retail division from its wholesale operations and make other changes to improve returns to shareholders.
Jana has proposed five candidates for Agrium's board, and they will meet with investors in several Canadian cities.
- Nearly 300 missing after South Korean ferry capsizes: coastguard |
- Separatists fly Russian flag over Ukrainian armored vehicles
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again
- Ukraine launches 'gradual' operation, action limited |
- China economic growth slows to 18-month low in first-quarter |