Air Products profit up 23 percent on sales to energy customers
Jan 23 (Reuters) - Industrial gas supplier Air Products and Chemicals Inc reported a 23 percent rise in quarterly profit as it sold more to customers in energy, refining, chemical and metallurgical industries worldwide.
Net income from continuing operations rose to $276.9 million, or $1.30 per share, for the first quarter ended Dec. 31, from $225.9 million, or $1.06 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue increased 10 percent to $2.56 billion.
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |