Air Products profit up 23 percent on sales to energy customers
Jan 23 (Reuters) - Industrial gas supplier Air Products and Chemicals Inc reported a 23 percent rise in quarterly profit as it sold more to customers in energy, refining, chemical and metallurgical industries worldwide.
Net income from continuing operations rose to $276.9 million, or $1.30 per share, for the first quarter ended Dec. 31, from $225.9 million, or $1.06 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue increased 10 percent to $2.56 billion.
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Hong Kong protesters plan march after fruitless talks with government
- Three Denver girls reportedly en route to Turkey detained, sent home