Air Products profit up 23 percent on sales to energy customers
Jan 23 (Reuters) - Industrial gas supplier Air Products and Chemicals Inc reported a 23 percent rise in quarterly profit as it sold more to customers in energy, refining, chemical and metallurgical industries worldwide.
Net income from continuing operations rose to $276.9 million, or $1.30 per share, for the first quarter ended Dec. 31, from $225.9 million, or $1.06 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue increased 10 percent to $2.56 billion.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |