Air Products profit up 23 percent on sales to energy customers
Jan 23 (Reuters) - Industrial gas supplier Air Products and Chemicals Inc reported a 23 percent rise in quarterly profit as it sold more to customers in energy, refining, chemical and metallurgical industries worldwide.
Net income from continuing operations rose to $276.9 million, or $1.30 per share, for the first quarter ended Dec. 31, from $225.9 million, or $1.06 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue increased 10 percent to $2.56 billion.
- Hundreds still missing in deadly Korea ferry accident |
- Survivors still alive on South Korean ferry: father |
- Putin risks upstaging talks on defusing Ukraine crisis |
- Bloodshed in eastern Ukraine heightens fear as talks start |
- India holds biggest day of voting with Hindu nationalists gaining strength